This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: powerpc & unaligned block moves with fp registers
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Subject: Re: powerpc & unaligned block moves with fp registers
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 11:29:10 -0500
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
>>>>> Richard Kenner writes:
Richard> I think that GCC should choose an integral mode for a struct as often s it
Richard> can since that will allow objects of that type to be put in registers.
So you recommend intercepting this in expand_expr where it chooses
the mode for the MEM? There should be some part of the common GCC backend
that checks SLOW_UNALIGNED_ACCESS. Further down the call chain DImode
already has been chosen and breaking the DImode into smaller pieces after
the fact seems like a kludge to me.