Re: dangerous cleverness? ppc int<->float conversions, subreg

>> See SLOW_UNALIGNED_ACCESS macro in rs6000.h.  It is checking.
>> There may be something wrong with the alignment it calculates.

Dale> Yes, I've seen this.  It doesn't work perfectly, although as you say that
Dale> may have something to do with the alignment (Apple's alignment rules are
Dale> arcane).  More to the point, a boolean is not enough to do the right
Dale> thing.  PPC misalignment penalties come in 3 flavors, not 2 ("optimal",