This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
A question
- To: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: A question
- From: "Hossein Pourreza" <pourreza at hadid dot sharif dot ac dot ir>
- Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:26:08 +0330
Hi to all,
I want to upgrade my Linux from RedHat 6.0 to RedHat 7.1 but I have a
problem in finding suitable gcc version.
I had no problem with gcc (egcs) version 2.91.66 to compile the kernel but
it ignores some warnings and programming mistakes (for example defining a
function without return value definition). The gcc with Redhat 7.1 (version
2.96) shows more errors and warnings but in kernel Change documentation
advised that kernel is not compiled with this version of gcc (2.96).
In this way I am confused about selecting a stable and good version of gcc.
I will be very appreciated if some one help me.
=======
Regards
Hossein Pourreza