RE: compiling error messages

Mike Gao wrote:

> I send several emails to this account, the messages are kicked
> back. I am wondering if the message did get through. The postmaster
> always complains about the html format of the email. However, after
> the first message was returned, I changed to plain text format.

Yes and no: all four have come though as RTF attachments.

> /usr/ccs/bin/as: "<stdin>", line 6578: error: unknown opcode
> ".subsection"

I'm going to guess that you're using the system assembler with a gcc
binary built to assume the GNU assembler. (on an HP?)

If you got a binary distribution of gcc, try installing binutils too. If
you built gcc yourself, make sure you're not configuring '--with-gnu-as'
or try adding '--with-as=<full-path-to-gnu-assembler>'.

Rup.