Re: [Ada]: failure to build on Mandrake 8.1 / x86

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 09:22:26PM -0400, Geert Bosch wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
>
>   Generated files *not in CVS* should be generated from gcc_release.  The
>   normal method is for a bootstrap to put them in the source directory, but
>   if building puts them in the build directory instead then special
>   treatment is needed (and is currently present for the message catalogs).
>
> I get conflicting messages on two points, could you answer these:
>   * Should the autogenerated files be checked in or not?
>   * Should the files be put in the source directory or in the build directory?

At present, the generated files require fairly exotic tools (i.e. a
complete prior GNAT installation) to create, so they should remain in
CVS.  That unfortunately means they need to be generated into the
source directory, or people will forget to copy new versions into the
source directory when they make changes to the original files.

Is it possible to enforce checking in fresh derived files with the
CVS commit script?

zw