Re: soft floats without newlib

trix@redhat.com (Tom Rix) writes:

> Since clarify is down,  I am picking at some of the more obscure c
> torture failures on Aix 5.1
>
> -msoft-float
> A couple of tests fail because they use the system libm.a which is
> assuming args are being passed in fp regs.
>
> gcc tests that depend on newlib seems pretty bogus to me.
> Thoughts, flames?

These failures indicate that you can't really use -msoft-float to
build applications under AIX, because there is an ABI mismatch between
GCC and the system library if you use that flag.  (You'll find
you can't pass float parameters to printf, either.)

> Just wanted some opinions.
> I know the correct thing to do is set these cases to XFAIL.

Actually, they should be set to UNSUPPORTED or simply not run.  They
are not bugs, they are testing functionality that is not supposed to work.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>