function attributes placement

               Hi !

        I always organize my C files with static functions placed before any
functions that use them (when that's possible), hence I don't need to
prototype them first.

        That's problematic whith function attributes like noreturn and const,
because they're supposed to appear in function declarations. I would tend to
think that my static functions are /declared/ at the same time they're
/defined/, but gcc doesn't think that way: if I put attributes in my static
functions (definitions), I get a parse error.

        This is not a very kind neither informative message, and I would even
say that this could be considered as a bug. Comments ?

--
Didier Verna, didier@lrde.epita.fr, http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier

EPITA / LRDE, 14-16 rue Voltaire   Tel.+33 (1) 53 14 59 47
94276 Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, France   Fax.+33 (1) 44 08 01 99   didier@xemacs.org