Re: Ada files now checked in

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 03:34:42AM -0400, Diego Novillo wrote:
> $ gcc -Wuninitialized -ftree-ssa rdefs.c -O -c
> rdefs.c: In function `main':
> rdefs.c:5: warning: `b' is used uninitialized in this function
> rdefs.c:7: warning: `b' is used uninitialized in this function
>
> As I said, I'm still debugging this work, but the basic
> infrastructure is already in the AST branch.

Extremely cool.  That will make finding missing initializations much
easier.

Maybe you could change the warning message to "...used uninitialized
here" or "at this point" or something like that?  Just to be clear
it's not the same old "somewhere in the function" message.

I notice it says "_is_ used uninitialized".  Does that mean you've
eliminated the old false positive problems?

How expensive is it to calculate these?  It'd be nice if we could
generate the warnings with optimization off; that's always been a wart.

zw