Re: Ada files now checked in

    I'd like to see how you propose to make the extra effort disappear
    otherwise.  I've been quite clear where it comes from.

Once you do it the first time, every other build is straightforward.

    "ACT never does that" is not the same as "wrong."

"Wrong" or "right" isn't a meaningful term here.  The point is that neither
FSF nor ACT has ever viewed this as a configuration that needs to be
supported.

    This "short period" you refer to stretches from now until GCC >=3.1
    (including Ada) is the default system compiler on every relevant
    platform.

No, not at all.  Just until the *first time* gnat is build from a
gnat1 and gnatbind.  Then you can just use what you built.  You don't have
to wait for a release.