Re: Ada files now checked in

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 12:39:45PM -0400, dewar@gnat.com wrote:
> <<Completely agreed, and there is work in progress to improve these
> warnings.
> >>

> Ah, that's *very* interesting, can you tell me more? In particular that
> news means I can probably retire the work on trying to do this in the
> GNAT front end (we already catch quite a bit there, but do not yet catch
> cases involving conditionals).

I'm not sure if anyone has actually *proposed* this, but code is being
written to do data flow analysis on whole-function trees; since trees
retain much more information about user variables and source
positions, it would be possible to tag the exact location that the
compiler thought an uninitialized value could reach.

You might want to check out the ast-optimizer-branch.

zw