Re: Ada files now checked in

<<Why do you have this policy?  It seems liable to cause nothing but
trouble.  I'm even a bit surprised it should be necessary given that
there don't seem to be much in the way of language extensions in GNAT;
I would think you could write conforming Ada95 and have no trouble.
Or is the issue bugs in earlier revisions?

GNAT is nowhere near vanilla Ada 95, it uses many pragmas and attributes
that are implemented by GNAT. A rewrite in vanilla Ada 95 would require
a huge amount of work. Sometimes we add new pragmas and attributes
specifically to help, e.g. with the runtime (an example is the critical
use of pragma Unsuppress in some library routines).

So far it has not caused trouble at all. What we do need is canonical
starting point gnat1 and gnatbind executables available for starting
the bootstrap, and we intend to provide these on the libre site.