Re: Ada files now checked in

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

  These files seem to include RCS $Revision$ ids.  Could those be removed?
  (See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2001-09/msg00111.html for discussion
  of the problems associated with them.)

In the coming days we will be focusing on finding efficient ways of
contributing ongoing changes made by Ada Core Technologies internally
to the FSF GCC tree. Given the volume of these changes and the fact
that we need to apply all those changes, we are definately interested
in minimizing unnecessary differences and reducing the amount of work.

I read the thread you referenced and am aware of the issue that you raise,
but since that is a pretty big change, right now doing something in that
direction would definately be counterproductive. For now, checking out
files using the -kk CVS option is most effective.

  -Geert