Re: libtool - how to find/make it ?

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2001, Toon Moene <toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl> wrote:
>
> >> sinclude(../libtool.m4)
> >> dnl The lines below arrange for aclocal not to bring an installed
> >> dnl libtool.m4 into aclocal.m4, while still arranging for automake to
> >> dnl add a definition of LIBTOOL to Makefile.in.
> >> ifelse(,,,[AC_SUBST(LIBTOOL)
> >> AC_DEFUN([AM_PROG_LIBTOOL])
> >> ])
>
> > Hmmm, thanks for the idea, but it didn't work out.
>
> > `/home/toon/compilers/snapshots/obj/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libf2c/libI77'
> > make[3]: LIBTOOL@: Command not found
>
> Hmm...  I see each subdirectory of libf2c has its own configure
> script,

Well, I don't think this is the problem - libf2c/Makefile.in isn't under
automake at all, presently.

Perhaps I can just ask the questions I want to know an answer to,
instead of you having to guess where I'm heading :-):

1. Assuming libtool is not something installed on the system GCC is
   built on - where does libstdc++-3 get it from ?

2. If libstdc++-v3 is not built - where can we get it from,
   alternatively ?

3. If that's not possible, what's the alternative of building a shared
   library, not using libtool ?

Thanks in advance,