Re: libtool - how to find/make it ?

On Sep 29, 2001, Toon Moene <toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl> wrote:

> Is there a libtool doctor in audience who can explain to me what to do
> if I want to use libtool when just building C and Fortran ?

AM_PROG_LIBTOOL should be enough to get the libtool script created in
the build tree of the package.

You may want to add the following bit of magic to a newly-created
libf2c/aclocal.m4 to avoid having to copy libtool.m4 to
libf2c/aclocal.m4:

sinclude(../libtool.m4)
dnl The lines below arrange for aclocal not to bring an installed
dnl libtool.m4 into aclocal.m4, while still arranging for automake to
dnl add a definition of LIBTOOL to Makefile.in.
ifelse(,,,[AC_SUBST(LIBTOOL)
AC_DEFUN([AM_PROG_LIBTOOL])
])