This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: java
- From: Alex Buell <alex dot buell at tahallah dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 15:00:15 +0100 (BST)
- cc: Julien Frison <k_clinik at caramail dot com>, Mailing List - GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Reply-To: <alex dot buell at tahallah dot demon dot co dot uk>
On 26 Sep 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:
> This is a common misunderstanding. gcj can compile to .o, but it can
> also compile from .java to .class. libgcj also includes a bytecode
> interpreter for several architectures.
Ah, I did not know it could do that. Thanks for the free clue.
> libgcj hasn't yet been made to work as a netscape plugin though.
> Patches welcome...
If that happens, that could be marvellous. How hard is it to do that?
would one need the includes from Mozilla & X11?
Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like there's noone there.