This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- To: <alex dot buell at tahallah dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: java
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 26 Sep 2001 07:12:18 -0600
- Cc: Julien Frison <k_clinik at caramail dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Alex" == Alex Buell <email@example.com> writes:
Alex> The java compiler present in the GCC suite only compiles java
Alex> sources into native binaries.
This is a common misunderstanding. gcj can compile to .o, but it can
also compile from .java to .class. libgcj also includes a bytecode
interpreter for several architectures.
libgcj hasn't yet been made to work as a netscape plugin though.