Re: bootstrap failure on darwin, compare stages

> Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 21:37:15 +0200
> From: Andreas Tobler <toa@pop.agri.ch>

> since yesterday bootstrapping fails on darwin. My question is not
> 'what is the fix' I'd like to know how to track down the problem.
> Unfortunately the trapping fails in the stage of comparing the stage
> 1 with 2. The failing part is insn-emit.o which differs. How can I
> find out what's going wrong?

One tool that can be used, no matter the problem difficultly or user
experience is cvs binary searching.  One can do a dated checkout and
then move forwards for backwards in time to try and find the
transition points for the problem they are interested in.