Re: freopen function

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 09:58:05AM +0100, Michael Nabarro wrote:
> I'm trying to use freopen to redirect stdout to a file.  This works fine but
> I then want to redirect stdout back to the console and am having trouble
> doing this.  I have used the following two calls.
>
> 	freopen("temp","w",stdout);
>
> 	freopen("CON","w",stdout);
>
> Apparently CON is meant to be the console but instead a file called CON is
> created.
>
> I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.

1)  This has nothing to do with the development of GCC, and so is offtopic
for this list.  I suggest a programming newsgroup.

2)  "CON" == "the console" is only true under MS-DOS, to the best of
my knowledge.  Maybe Windows too.

Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance