Re: Loop unroll fixes

    * We should get Ada into the tree as soon as possible (in particular,
    before the cut-off on October 15 for major new features for 3.1),

I don't see that as a "major feature", but rather the same as a new backend,
which can be dropped in right up to the last minute, since no common files
are affected.  That being said, it's obviously best to get it done as soon as
possible, hopefully before that date, but right now ACT is off the net due to
communication problems caused by the WTC attack.

    since sometimes these sorts of problems have occurred with patches
    written to fix bugs showing up with Ada testcases.

I don't understand that comment.  The vast majority of the Ada testcases are
prioprietary, though bootstrapping the compiler itself and some of the test
cases are still useful.

    What caused the delay from the date of June 1 given in
    <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-05/msg01148.html>?

It being bumped by other work plus a vacation of the person who was going to
do it, plus a company meeting, etc.