Re: removing unused NOTE_INSN notes?

Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 03:58:43PM +0200, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> >  /* Start/end of a live range region, where pseudos allocated on the stack
>>      can be allocated to temporary registers.  Uses NOTE_RANGE_INFO.  */
>>   NOTE_INSN_RANGE_BEG,
>>   NOTE_INSN_RANGE_END,
>>
>>   /* Record which registers are currently live.  Uses NOTE_LIVE_INFO.  */
>>   NOTE_INSN_LIVE,
>
> These are used by some Cygnus local code that I suspect will
> never be submitted, since the problem it tries to solve is
> much better done with a competely new register allocator.
>
> I'm surprised these definitions leaked to the outside world...
They've been there for years, AFAIK.

I believe there might be a few other leaks of the live range splitting
code.
ah, yes, here we are:
DECL_LIVE_RANGE_RTL (in tree.h).
RANGE_* in rtl.h

--
"When I go, I'm flying Air Bizarre.  It's a good airline.  You
buy a one way round trip ticket.  You leave any Monday, and they