This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: MAINTAINERS policy question
- To: bernds at redhat dot com (Bernd Schmidt)
- Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS policy question
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 15:03:51 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> I have a question about how the MAINTAINERS file should be interpreted.
> Suppose you have somebody listed as maintaining port X. Does this grant
> the right to check in any patch for a problem that affects port X, or
> does it only grant the right to modify config/X/*?
> I've had someone claim in private mail that it means the former, and
> this surprised me, since I always assumed it meant the latter.
The port maintainer will also need to deal with other port-specific
components, for example the processor-specific atomicity code in libstdc++,