Re: MAINTAINERS policy question

On Sunday, September 16, 2001, at 09:45 AM, Richard Kenner wrote:

>> I'd say it means config/X/*, plus the entries for X in config.gcc, plus
>> documentation for X (options in invoke.texi, attributes in extend.texi,
>> specific issues in install.texi, ...), plus testcases for any feature
>> or
>> bug specific to X (probably plus configuration for X in libstdc++-v3 /
>> libffi / ...).
>
>     Is there consensus on this policy?
>
> That's how I always interpreted it.
Just to present a differing viewpoint (though i'm not the one who
emailed Bernd), i've always interpreted it to be the way that surprised
Bernd.
After all, anyone with enough experience to be maintaining a port, it's
likely they know enough to be able to make changes to other parts of the
compiler that affect their platform.
But I could see how the viewpoint you guys have is perfectly reasonable.
Maybe we should write down whatever the consensus is?