Re: MAINTAINERS policy question

Joseph S. Myers wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I have a question about how the MAINTAINERS file should be interpreted.
>> Suppose you have somebody listed as maintaining port X.  Does this grant
>> the right to check in any patch for a problem that affects port X, or
>> does it only grant the right to modify config/X/*?
>
>I'd say it means config/X/*, plus the entries for X in config.gcc, plus
>documentation for X (options in invoke.texi, attributes in extend.texi,
>specific issues in install.texi, ...), plus testcases for any feature or
>bug specific to X (probably plus configuration for X in libstdc++-v3 /
>libffi / ...).

Is there consensus on this policy?  I'm asking becausing I'm still waiting
for approval for some changes to the S/390-specific config.gcc entries
(which I thought I needed approval for ...).  See

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Ulrich Weigand

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  Linux for S/390 Design & Development