This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
OSX shared libs: any ideas?
- To: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: OSX shared libs: any ideas?
- From: Jack Lloyd <lloyd at acm dot jhu dot edu>
- Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 18:18:15 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: JHU ACM/CS/CIRL
I know that Apple's version of gcc is not official and all that but this
seems a reasonable place to ask, as IIRC some Apple people working on the
devel tools hang out here. This is MacOS X with the May 2001 Apple devel
Any thoughts on why this is happening:
(sakura ~/OpenCL-0.7.5)$ c++ -shared -fPIC -lz <a list of object files> -o libopencl-0.7.5.so
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
(sakura ~/OpenCL-0.7.5)$ c++ -v
Reading specs from /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/2.95.2/specs
Apple Computer, Inc. version gcc-926, based on gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
1) Linking these objects into an ar lib and linking my app will work fine
2) This hasn't happened to me before on any system, so I don't think it's
pilot error re using PIC or whatever
3) Unrelated: how the #@%@%^ do I set the soname with Apple's ld? Yes, this
has nothing at all to do with gcc, but while I'm here, why not?