Re: patch tracking

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Joe Buck wrote:
> First, we want to decrease the number of patches that the overworked
> experts must handle, by having a pre-screening process.

Also, we should abondon the "Bootstrap running, okay if it passes? --
Please forget the previous patch, here is a new one!" scenario we have
been seeing increasingly often.

> I realize that GNATS is not ideal for patch-tracking, but it's already
> in place.

Some projects like FreeBSD are using GNATS for tracking patches; it's
not perfect, but it works relatively well AFAIK.

Gerald

(In the past I twice suggested to use GNATS to avoid patches falling
through the cracks, but in both cases there wasn't a single reply. OTOH,
my proposal was by far less elaborate than the current one. ;) )