Re: patch tracking

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 08:28:18PM +0100, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> 	* Check that all relevant information about version, target, etc.,
> 	is included.  If enough information to reproduce isn't present,
> 	put the report in feedback state.

I have occasionally tossed around a GNATS patch to disallow initial
submissions of high-priority PRs; a PR must be submitted as low or medium,
and then a maintainer must push it to high.

This and other GCC-only changes might be made to GNATS in order to achieve
these goals.  While local changes are admittedly a pain, GNATS doesn't
change very often, and we're not obligated by holy writ to use stock
GNU source.  :-)

The patch is utterly untested because I don't know how to run a GNATS
server, and don't have the time (or interest, really) to teach myself.
If someone else wants to start modifying GNATS to meet these goals, I'll
happily turn the patch over.

Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance