Re: GCC 3.1 and branches (was: RFA: Deprecate C++ options)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> That's why there are 4 months on the schedule between the mergepoint
> and the branch, and two months on the schedule between the branch
> and the release.  There will be time to fix the problems [...]

Yes, of course.  What I meant was that if we have lots of commits from
several branches within an extremely short period (a few days before the
deadline), it will be extremely hard to analyse regressions of the kind I
mentioned, because it won't be easy to see which of the multiple mergers
might be responsible.

Gerald