This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Deprecate C++ options
- To: George Garvey <tmwg at inxservices dot com>
- Subject: Re: RFA: Deprecate C++ options
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:26:26 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, George Garvey wrote:
> FYI, we've upgraded a number of computers for developers twice now: once
> due to the doubling of memory needs for EGCS (pretty simple and
> inexpensive); once for the doubling of compile times for GCC 3 (equally
> simple, but not as inexpensive, and less effective).
I believe you'll be very positively surprised when GCC 3.0.2 will be
released (in October) -- compile times *and* code-generation quality are
significantly better for lots of C++ sources than for GCC 3.0 and 3.0.1.
(If it's important, you might want to try a current (CVS) snapshot off
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/