gcc versus cl

hey,
i was wondering, but do you guys know of any articles where the author
compares
gcc release 3.0.1 hopefully against the newest release of microsoft's
compiler.
be intersting to read..

cause i always get windows developers telling me what's so special about gcc
and what it can do better then cl...
i'm not an advanced user of gcc or anything, but usually i just tell them
that usually we can get builds that generate faster code in our floating
point intensive apps...
although gcc takes a while to compile though... and iirc, the stl
implemention with gcc is supposed to be a lot more robust/complete then
microsoft's take at it..

btw, is there a way to get gcc -S to dump with our own variable names that
we used when we wrote the orignal code (instead of having gcc dump with the
way it handles everythign internally..)?

anyways,
l8rz
-akbara.