Re: requested array too large for target

  In message <87ae098kbe.fsf@creche.redhat.com>you write:
  > I just updated and tried to rebuild the trunk.
  > I get this:
  >
  > ../../../gcc/libjava/java/io/ObjectInputStream.java:574: requested array to
  > o large for target
  >

  > I don't understand this error since I don't see an array there.  Can
  > someone explain this problem to me?  I assume it must be a new bug in
  > gcc.  However, I suppose it could also be a latent bug in gcj.
Well, the only way that code can be executed is if you call layout_type
on an ARRAY_TYPE.  Maybe the line number is wrong or something like that.

If you backtrace up from the error, you may be able to get the offending
declaration which might help track down the problem.

jeff