This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: requested array too large for target
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: requested array too large for target
- From: law at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 09:10:41 -0600
- cc: GCC Hackers <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Reply-To: law at redhat dot com
In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>you write:
> I just updated and tried to rebuild the trunk.
> I get this:
> ../../../gcc/libjava/java/io/ObjectInputStream.java:574: requested array to
> o large for target
> I don't understand this error since I don't see an array there. Can
> someone explain this problem to me? I assume it must be a new bug in
> gcc. However, I suppose it could also be a latent bug in gcj.
Well, the only way that code can be executed is if you call layout_type
on an ARRAY_TYPE. Maybe the line number is wrong or something like that.
If you backtrace up from the error, you may be able to get the offending
declaration which might help track down the problem.