RFA: Deprecate C++ options

Hi,
There are several flags which change the language compiled by G++.
It's difficult to support any particular combination of them. See
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-04/msg01243.html for an example.

I'd like to deprecate and then remove them from g++ asap. I
suggest deprecating them in 3.1 and removal in 3.2

Support of old ARM conformant code
-fno-for-scope
	the for loop variable's scope extends beyond the loop
-fcheck-new
	cope with operator new returning null, rather than throwing
	The interaction of this with the builtin operator new and
	-fno-exceptions confuses users.
-fno-operator-names
	don't have `and' `or' etc as keywords

Bug workaround. Are there many access control bugs? I can't recall any
in GNATs off hand.
-fno-access-control
	don't check access

Unknown.
-fno-elide-constructors
	don't elide copy ctors What is the rationale for this? I'd've
	thought -O0 would be a suitable switch for this.

No doubt this is an SC issue, perhaps Mark or Jason could raise it there?

thanks

nathan

--
Dr Nathan Sidwell   ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::   CodeSourcery LLC
         'But that's a lie.' - 'Yes it is. What's your point?'