Maximum line length iterations in ltconfig

With dg/ux running on an aviion m88k the ltconfig script currently
uses 17 iterations (1MB total) for determining the maximum line
length. Dropping this to 16 allows it to go past this part of the
script and still renders 196K line length. I know I've seen the
sparc at much less than that. Would it be possible to lower it
to 16 for dgux hosts?

-Matt