This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Fourth Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 17:28:53 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu, syedali011 at earthlink dot net, ejr at cs dot berkeley dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kaih at khms dot westfalen dot de
>
> <<test.c:4: warning: comparing floating point with == or != is unsafe
> >>
>
> This is an annoying warning, because it is nonsense.
For what it's worth, I agree with you. But some people's nonsense is
other people's sense, and it isn't invoked by any other "group"
warning flag, like -W or -Wall, so if people want it, they can have it.
I don't want it, and I don't specify -Wfloat-equal, and I don't get it.
This was all covered when this flag was added to the compiler.
Brad Lucier