Re: updating CVS on soruceware

>>>>> "David" == David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.org> writes:

David> Can CVS be updated to 1.11.x on Sourceware?  The new -C option
David> to update is very useful.

David>    -C Overwrite locally modified files with clean repository
David>    copies.

Do you need a new server installed for this to work (I don't know)?

Anyway, Chris Faylor and Jason Molenda have done some experimentation
with cvs 1.11 on sources.  Unfortunately, even with Ian's fileattr
patch, 1.11 is slower.  My understanding (and I haven't followed this
issue too closely) is that we're reluctant to upgrade until someone
puts some time into understanding why the slowdown has occurred.

Tom