This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 3.0.1 & C++ ABI issues
- To: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>, Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.0.1 & C++ ABI issues
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 13:53:35 -0700
- cc: "jason at redhat dot com" <jason at redhat dot com>, Stefan Westerfeld <stefan at space dot twc dot de>, "simong at oz dot agile dot tv" <simong at oz dot agile dot tv>
Hmm, I'm not very happy with it. Remember this is a regression from
> gcc-2.95 and was reported before 3.0 was released. IF we release 3.0.1
> without KDE2 being fixed, I would suggest that fixing that bug is a
> release criteria for gcc-3.0.2 (and gcc-3.0.2 should be released in
> about the same timeframe as gcc-3.0.1 then, 2-3 month).
We just went through an extended debate to get a policy in
place so that we don't have to do this every time. The criteria is
that we make progress from release to release; we are doing that.
It is also true that this is a very important bug, and I know that
Nathan is working very hard on fixing it. I would be astonished
if it wasn't fixed before 3.0.2.
--
Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com