Re: ast-optimizer-branch

Nathan Sidwell <nathan@codesourcery.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've created a new CVS branch called ast-optimizer-branch to try out
> new tree optimizer passes. I've installed the attached patch (sorry,
> it's a binary attachment, as otherwise it will be tagged as HTML and
> bounced), which describes the branch.

Nathan,

I've read on the page about "Provide a testing framework" and
"Provable optimzer performance".  Those are quite important goals and
it's worth working on them.  But can you elaborate on these a bit more?
What do you have in mind for these goal?

Btw. I'm currently setting up SPEC 2000 on Athlon systems (similar to
Diego's tests for SPEC 95).  These daily SPEC runs should also help
with the performance evaluation.  I'll announce this separatly as soon
as I'm happy with my setup.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger