This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Compiler for Red Hat Linux 8
- To: Dautrevaux at microprocess dot com, rra at stanford dot edu
- Subject: Re: Compiler for Red Hat Linux 8
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:33:40 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<<I'm sure the original author was completely unaware that this was
happening; most Microsoft software makes it extremely easy to make this
mistake and apparently doesn't care about producing readable messages on
non-Microsoft platforms. Usually turning off Smart Quotes will fix the
What is more amazing is that even when this obvious violation of standards
is pointed out, you get people, as in this case, claiming that *you* are
non-standard because you don't follow the microjunk special stuff.