Re: Beyond GCC 3.0: Summing Up

> Which processors do you say no longer exist?  It's true that 1750a,
> clipper, convex, dsp16xx, elxsi, i860, romp, we32k have little or no sign
> of active work lately and probably are bitrotten, but of which of these
> processors are there no longer any in working order?  (I think all other
> CPUs have had at least the odd fix in the past few years, even if lacking
> any listed maintainer or regular testing.)

What alternative do you propose?  Not allow any checkin that might break
the elxsi port?  (Mike Stump said a while back that the last elxsi was
taken out of service, so it really, really doesn't exist).

If we want to forbid checkins that cause breakage, we have to distinguish
somehow between ports that must be kept working and ports that can be
broken (until some interested party fixes them).