Re: No more multiline string constants

Geoff wrote:
> I'd just like to emphasise, again, how bad it is that the SC has
> "internal" discussions.

You didn't miss anything by not being in on "internal discussions".  All
you have to know is the following: RMS always opposes the deprecation of
any documented feature.  He thinks we should never break code.  He cares
about standards far less than most of the rest of us, and he (often
rightly) gets pissed off if (say) gcc won't build emacs and we say emacs
is wrong.

We rarely talk about such things on the SC list, and if we talked about
this one (I don't really remember), it was probably because some user
complained to RMS and he passed on the complaint to us.