Re: successful build - i686-pc-cygwin

On Jul  4, 2001, Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.COM> wrote:

> Exactly.  Even if we want to make the "posting gives implicit permission"
> argument, we have the problem that the individual doing the posting is
> different from the organization that insists that all mail from employees
> is confidential.

If we made it clear our the web pages that posting to the list will
get messages archived, we'd strengthen our argument.  Even more if
every first-time poster got a reply indicating that the mailing list
is archived, and asking him to confirm the request to send the message
to the list, and stating that sending any further messages to the list
implies agreement with these terms.

Having a documented procedure for employers to request the removal
from the archives of messages regarded as confidential would probably
help too.

has built-in support for this kind of one-time warning to posters, not
only to subscribers.