Re: the _GNU_SOURCE blues

>>>>> Stefan Seefeld writes:

Stefan> I have been following the discussions on this list over the last couple
Stefan> of weeks, and I understand that libstdc++ currently needs _GNU_SOURCE
Stefan> which is the reason that the spec file defines it for g++ by default.

	It only is defined for GNU libc systems.

Stefan> What I'm surprised about is that in the release gcc itself doesn't
Stefan> define it. I remember this having changed forth and back, but I thought
Stefan> there was agreement that it is a bug if gcc and g++ see different things.

Stefan> The problem for me (and probably others too) is that most autoconf tests
Stefan> use gcc for the tests, so the environment that is detected differs from
Stefan> the one seen by g++ in the built.

	Where was this agreement made?  G++ needs a lot of additional
macros.  This is why CPLUSPLUS_CPP_SPEC was added.

David