Re: linking possibilities

> > Can I compile somehow an application using the information of the
> > locations of the routines of another one (not an obect file but an
> > executable)?
>
> Yes, I believe you can, see the ld documentation.  This is a binutils
> (ld) question by the way, doesn't have much to do with gcc.

  Then let's try with a more gcc related issue...

 What does gcc when I specify the -fPIC switch?
 Where are these kind of things documented (which sections are created,
where is the different data located ....)? All the work that I'm doing is
basen on experiments, but I'm not sure if it will work that way always.