Re: freopen causing environ to be set to NULL

> 	I am running an application on RedHat 7.1 that was built on RedHat 5.1.
> The program SIGSEGV due to the fact that environ is equal to NULL...

This is the wrong list for such questions.  It's for the development of
the gcc compiler.  Red Hat 7.x has a forked compiler that didn't come
from this group, but even if that weren't so, you'd want to ask somewhere
else for program portability questions.