Re: How would *you* use an intern?

I'd ask the intern what he or she wants to do, and have a couple of
suggestions if that doesn't work out.

One of them might be GNATS bugs, but that is perhaps less interesting
and makes one come across as devoid of creativity, which we know is
not the case.

You will get no complaints from me, nor I suspect anybody working with
C/C++ (Phil, Joseph Myers, probably more) if something is done with
respect to diagnostics. It doesn't even have to be that elaborate:
Gaby's done some really good work with typename compression, but
formatting in particular needs to be done (XML, blue sky please think
about extended formatting marks for embedding URLS, etc.) I think this
is a task that could conceivably be done by an intern, and is of great
use to both Apple, and the rest of the Free Software community in
general.

The wine offer is still good, although really, I should have sent some
to Gaby already. We were up to at least two bottles, maybe three.

;)

-benjamin