This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
sparc64
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: sparc64
- From: Sean Callanan <sc843 at bard dot edu>
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 11:36:55 -0400
Dear mailing list:
libc continues to cause ICEs in the latest GCC cvs. I realize that perhaps
an older compiler would work, but I'm hoping we can get GCC working
properly once and for all on sparc64, and switching to an older version
won't do that (I'm not doing anything critical here, so I can afford to be
philosophical :^)
I'm using the latest (yesterday, 05112001) cvs of GCC, binutils, and libc.
I've build a cross-binutils for sparc->sparc64, a cross-gcc for
sparc->sparc64, and now I'm trying to build libc with the cross-compiler.
Anyway, I get an error in extract_insn:
In file included from ../sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-128/printf_fphex.c:106:
../sysdeps/generic/printf_fphex.c: In function `__printf_fphex':
../sysdeps/generic/printf_fphex.c:493: Unrecognizable insn:
(insn 7392 3582 3586 (set (reg:SI 10 %o2)
(subreg:SI (plus:DI (reg/f:DI 30 %fp)
(const_int 1839 [0x72f])) 4)) -1 (nil)
I'd like to try and fix this. Where should I begin? Who else is working on
sparc64? Should I be hooking up with the sparc-linux mailing list?
Sincerely,
Sean Callanan