Re: Use of fixincluded headers in bootstrap

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Richard Henderson wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 02:10:30AM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > Is there something I've missed here, or is there some reason for GCC not
> > to use the fixincluded headers in subsequent bootstrap stages?
>
> The -B path is searched for include/ and that _is_ used.
> The -I./include instructions you quote are bogus.

So what I was missing was

                  /* As a kludge, if the arg is "[foo/]stageN/", just
                     add "[foo/]include" to the include prefix.  */

in gcc.c.  Could someone familiar with the reasons for this kludge (rather
than copying the include directory to each stage directory) add a mention
of it in the documentation of -B in invoke.texi?  (In @ifset INTERNALS,
with a warning that this feature isn't to be used except in GCC bootstrap,
etc., but it still ought to be documented.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk