Re: Structure Return Testcase

  In message <20010315165402J.mitchell@codesourcery.com>you write:
  >     >> So I'm pondering creating something like expand_modify_expr
  >     >> which looks a lot like expand_assignment does now, except that
  >     >> it's passed the actual assignment expression instead of the lhs
  >     >> & rhs args separately.
  >     >>
  >     >> expand_assignment would then be changed to just cons up a
  >     >> trivial MODIFY_EXPR expression and pass it off to
  >     >> expand_modify_expr.
  >
  >     Richard> That sounds ideal.
  >
  > Richard and I agree.  So it must be good. :-) :-)
OK.  I'll be going down that road.  I haven't decided if I'm going to go
fix all the callers of expand_assignment yet though (they're not terribly
numerous, except in the chill front-end, which I'm probably not going to
touch).  I'll certainly keep the expand_assignment interface for the benefit
of languages not integrated into our tree.
jeff