Re: Analysis of remaining xm-host headers

Zack Weinberg wrote:
> i386/xm-isc.h: #defines REAL_VALUE_ATOF to strtod if not
> REAL_ARITHMETIC.  Unlikely to be necessary still.

I suspect the ISC target is dead.  (Yes, I know these things are hard to
say with authority.)  Once Interactive was purchased by Sun in the early
90's, they were pretty much dismantled and their SVR4 product never made
it out the door.  I can't recall having seen any users of it on the
lists (gcc or otherwise) in many years.

> i386/xm-sco.h, i386/xm-sco5.h: Overrides IO_BUFFER_SIZE.  Again,
> dubious performance tweak.  Harmless, though.

I suspect this is history dating back to the stone ages of 386 XENIX and
I don't think this is at all a win on anything in the last 10+ years.
I'd be fine nuking it from those files.

The only other setter of this is xm-rs6000.h.  If it's OK with the AIX
guys, I'd support vaporizing all occurrences of this from the tree.

RJL