Re: handling changes to the front-end interface

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> Would it be worthwhile setting up a new mailing list `gcc-frontends',
> and modifying the CVS loginfo file to send diffs for changes to the
> LANGUAGES file to that list?  (Perhaps also for changes to tree.h and
> tree.def?  Maybe even toplev.h too?)
>
> If people think it is worthwhile, I'd be happy to fix the loginfo file
> to do that, and to patch the web pages to mention the new mailing list.
> But someone with appropriate access would need to actually create the list.

If you do this, could you also set up the mechanism for a gcc-cvs-patches
mailing list as I requested in other/1634?  The reasons for such a list
are both detection of wrong commits (with unintended changes included, or
other than as approved) and exact reproducibility of changes in the event
of repository corruption (which requires all changes to be sent out
exactly, even if very large).

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk