Re: Abstracting pointer arithmetic

Michael Meissner <meissner@cygnus.com> writes:
> Pmode as it exists in GCC is completely broken if you are going to deal with
> different pointer sizes.

Since Pmode appears all over the place in GCC, I'm afraid changing it
into something else sounds like too big a task for me.  Unless someone
has a suggestion for how to do it?

I think I'll just concentrate on making sure that GCC can hand over
the task of generating pointer arithmetic to the back end (if the back
end indicated it wants it that way).  At least it's a step in the
right direction for pointer abstraction in GCC.

--
http://lars.nocrew.org/